The Healthy Brain Campaign and the Clarke County School District welcomes Athens area students back to school!
It’s a busy time of year and we all have a lot going on, but don’t forget to STOP and add one important item to your back to school checklist: talking about alcohol. The number one deterrent to underage drinking is parental involvement.
Below are some simple tips parents can take to help ensure their kids do not drink alcohol.
- Let your kids know that you disapprove of ANY underage alcohol use.
- Clearly communicate the risks associated with underage alcohol use.
- Establish clear rules and expectations regarding non-use.
- Know who your children are with and where they are.
- Talk to your kids about what's going on in their life.
- Be a good role model.